Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Shopping

I don't feel like doing much today. I've wasted all morning in bed, figuring out how to watch the television and order food via room service. The food was delicious and it was nice zoning out into the tv. It reminds me of home. I've been a bit homesick since I arrived here. I miss the normalcy of Colorado. Maybe I should go out and buy souvenirs for everyone back home. That way, they can have a little piece of my trip. I'm going to get something for myself, as well, so I can bring part of Japan home with me. I can't believe I'm already thinking about leaving here. I still have a couple days. I need to get out of here. I think I'm going crazy. Out into the sunshine. It feels so good on my skin as I walk down the street to the little stores created for tourists. I'm not sure what I'm going to find there. I hope there's something worthwhile. Why am I being so negative today?? Snap out of it! It's time to do some shopping! At the first little stand, there're arrangements of dried flowers. They're so delicate and gorgeous. They remind me of something I would love to decorate my house with. I'm almost tempted to buy them, but I remember my whole family would probably be allergic to them. Not a wise purchase. I move onto the next stand. Cool, something that I'm going to definitely buy for myself. Incense and incense burners. I make a selection and complete my purchase. I can't wait to burn them. They smell so good. At the next stand, there're these little handmade dolls. They look as if they're made out of yarn, but they are dressed in miniature kimonos. My mom would love them! This is easier than I could've hoped. I pick out a yellow yarn doll with black hair, and a light purple kimono. I can't wait to give it to her. I look around at the rest of the little stands, browsing what they have to offer. It's getting dark already and I haven't gotten my brothers anything. Shoot. There's a t-shirt stand across the cobblestone street so I walk over to it and select two shirts with Japanese logos on them. I know they'll feel cool wearing them, simply because they're from another country. I'm not too worried about what the shirts have on them. With my purchases in hand, I think I'm ready to head back to the hotel and call it a night. I think maybe tonight I'll call my mom and tell her what I've been up to here in Japan. Then, off to bed for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment