Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Goodbye

It is finally time to leave Japan. My time is up. Reality awaits me back in Colorado. I made sure to sleep in for as long as possible this morning. I have a long plane ride awaiting me. It is now 2 o'clock in the afternoon and I'm just rolling out of bed. But I don't care. I don't need to get ready or anything, and my flight doesn't leave until 4:45pm. I grab my bags anyways and head downstairs with them. I check myself out of my room and return my key. I'm sure going to miss this hotel. It has been perfect. I walk out the door and hail a cab. The driver takes me to the airport where I check in and wait for my flight. The time finally comes and I board the plane. I'm not as scared to fly this time as I was when I was coming to Japan. I'm practically a pro now. I take my window seat and prepare for lift-off. The plane takes flight and my eyelids start to flutter. I was just asleep, how could I already be tired? I guess it's just the long rides that make me feel this way. I have nine hours and forty-two minutes before I reach Los Angeles to transfer flights. I guess sleep wouldn't hurt much. I'm bored anyways. ... I reach LAX and head to the food courts. I'm kind of hungry. Plus, I have an hour and eighteen minutes to wait. I need to find something to do with my time. Looking out the window at California doesn't help much, I'm homesick. I want to be home. The hour finally passes and it is time to board my final plane home. This flight won't be as long, only two hours and fourteen minutes. I can hardly wait. The whole ride I stare out the window, not-so-secretly hoping that every airport I see is DIA. My family and friends are there waiting for me. There it is! I can't believe I'm finally home! The plane lands and I rush to the lobby. I grab my bags and look for everybody. There they are! I hug them tightly and sigh with relief. I'm finally home.

No comments:

Post a Comment