Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The Hotel

Waking up to Tokyo-life is definitely very different than I'm used to. Everything sounds so busy outside. Yet, it makes me excited. I can't wait to begin my adventure. Well, tomorrow I will. As for today, I think I'm just going to spend it touring my hotel. I'm staying at the Four Seasons Hotel at Chinzan-so. It's beautiful! Just look...


Serenely secluded amidst a historic Japanese garden of 17 acres, you're just minutes from Tokyo's shopping, business and financial centres. Relax in a sumptuous blend of European decor and Japanese art, streamlined with modern technology. YU, THE SPA beckons with zen-inspired treatments, an indoor swimming pool with retractable roof and Tokyo's only onsen with soothing Izu mineral waters. Your stay is enriched in countless ways by dedicated, energetic Four Seasons care.
Sounds like "the life" doesn't it? I'm very happy with my choice of hotel. My room was absolutely perfect, and my bed was so comfortable. Just what I needed after such a long flight. It's 11 o'clock in the morning here, I think it's time to shower and prepare for some hotel exploring!

(^my room!)

Ignore the shower, my bathroom has a deep-soak tub! So relaxing. All right, I am ready to go. My room is on the eleventh floor, so I head straight to the elevator. It's crazy that almost all of the hotels here are skyscrapers. I'm used to the couple story ones back in Colorado. Now I'm finally at the ground level. My first destination? The pool. I love to swim. I mean, who wouldn't in such an amazing pool??



Ahh, that was so much fun! Now I think I'm going to go tour the Chinzan-so Garden. It's so beautiful out here. All of the different trees and flowers. There's also this giant waterfall. Everything is so peaceful. This has been the perfect way to spend my first day here in Tokyo, Japan.

No comments:

Post a Comment