Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Harajuku

I think I've decided that I'm going to get all of the major tours out of the way on these first few days. There is a tourist inside of me that is eager to be shown, and just as eager to be gotten rid of. The tour I'm going on today starts at the Meiji Jingu Shrine. Harajuku is a neighborhood in Tokyo. I had no idea. I knew of the fashion back in the states, but I had no idea where it originated. This neighborhood is full of Japanese punk-style teenagers. I may be a tourist, but I feel like I fit in perfectly. I am in love with this neighborhood. The streets are lined with small cafes where people sit and sip on their drinks and talk. It's a casual atmosphere. There are also clothing boutiques everywhere. I feel bad, since I'm supposed to be touring all of the different shrines around here like the rest of the tourists, but I can't help but people watch. The fashion here is so colorful and creative. It's nothing like how it is in Colorado. I took a few pictures to show you. Maybe I should start dressing like this?
















No comments:

Post a Comment