Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The Departure

It's been a long, long time since I've been on a plane. To be completely honest, I'm kind of nervous for this trip. Fifteen hours and twenty minutes. That's how long the plane ride is. Heights make me dizzy, better not get a window seat. All right. Tickets are bought; I leave in the morning.
Originally, I was excited that my flight doesn't leave until 8:20 this morning. That's later than school starts today. However, I forgot how far away DIA is from my house. Ugh. But hey, I'm here now and I'm ready for take-off! Or lift-off? Whatever the term is. Forgive me, I'm not used to this. I board the plane and look around. You can do this. I have to keep telling myself that. Otherwise, the whole flying in the air thing will cause me to have a panic attack. Is it pathetic that I'm scared of this? Oh well. I don't even care. I can do this. I put Choncho, my little white backpack, in the compartment above my seat and sit down. I think I'll be all right if I just imagine that I'm in a car. A very, very big car. The light comes on to fasten our seat belts and I click mine into place. Here we go. We have lift-off! Phew. That wasn't so bad. My stomach is a bit queasy, but nothing I can't handle. To think, I'll be in San Fransisco in a couple hours. I'm really glad my flight transfers there. I've always wanted to visit. There will be an hour and twenty-one minutes between my arrival and departure. Of course I'm going to do a bit of looking around. Then I'll be on to Japan! ... Woah, I can't believe I fell asleep for the whole flight. But oh well, I'm in San Fransisco, California now! I can see the palm trees outside. Ahh, I could get used to living here. Maybe sometime in the future? We'll see. An hour and twenty-one minutes isn't as long as I'd like, so I think I'll go look around the airport instead of trying to get outside. The view from the window is good enough anyways, right? Ho-hum, I'm going to flip through some magazines until my next flight leaves. ... It's time for Japan! I get onto the plane without a problem. This is going to be such a long flight. Eleven hours and four minutes to be exact. Oye. I think it's time to put my iPod in and take another nap. All this flying is making my head feel fuzzy. ... I'm finally here! Even though it's only 3:40pm in Japan, I'm just going to go straight to my hotel. I need to get this jet lag out of my system. I'll get back to documenting my travles tomorrow. Good night, all.

No comments:

Post a Comment